PP: Chinese New Years Koi


Hi friends! I'm sharing a Chinese New Year card today with the traditional red and gold theme. The year of the tiger is coming up on February 1, but using koi fish for Chinese New Year's cards make them timeless! 


To create this card, I started with the background. I taped off the edges of a red card panel that is size slightly smaller than an A2 card front and clear embossed the panel using Penguin Palace's Handcrafted Porcelain Stencil, then adhered it to a white card base.


Next I gold embossed layers 3 and 4 from Penguin Palace's Legend of the Koi stamp set on vellum and fussy cut the image out. I also embossed a sentiment from the same set using gold on black cardstock and cut that out as well.


To bring the card together, I die cut some clouds from Lawn Fawn's Simple Puffy Clouds in white, arranged everything that way I wanted it to look and glued everything down. The sentiment is the only thing propped up with foam tape, but the koi also has some dimension from being glued in specific spots. Finally I added some gold half pearls to finish the card.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my card! Visit the Penguin Palace Store for more amazing products. And for more inspiration, visit us on Instagram: @penguinpalacestamps @stefkloh

 

Comments

Popular Posts