Penguin Palace: Out of this world greetings

 

Hi friends! Welcome to my last post for Penguin Palace (for the time being). For my card, I made a slimline that makes me chuckle every time I look at it! I mean -- how can you not!?

This card is actually very simple and uses the little waving alien from the stamp set Let's Meet IRL and it's coordinating dies. I stamped the little guy out 7 times and colored him in 7 different colors using a mix of Copics and Ohuhus.

For the background, I used distress oxides in Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot to create a gradient sky. Then for the ground I used Pumice Stone and Black Soot. I used water droplets and lifted some spots in both the sky and the ground. For the sky, I added some white splatter using diluted acrylic paint.

The G-R-E-E-T-I-N-G-S sentiment was created using 5 layers of letters in MFT's In Stitches Alphabet Die-namics so that it had some dimension. And it may be hard to see in the pictures, but I also painted a white/silvery sparkly coat of watercolor over the letters.

The background is cut out using a simple stitched slimline die and adhered to a white card base. The sentiment is adhered directly onto the background sky and finally the little aliens are propped up on the ground after I added some shadows using a dark gray Copic.

I absolutely love how this card turned out and hope you do too! Thanks for stopping by! Visit the Penguin Palace Store for more amazing products. And for more inspiration, visit us on Instagram: @penguinpalacestamps @stefkloh

Comments

Popular Posts