MFT Sketch Challenge 590

 

Hi friends! I’m sharing a card I made for MFT’s Sketch Challenge 590. The layout for this challenge is shown below.


To create my card I flipped the layout horizontally and used the MFT stamp set Blastoff Buddies. First I stamped and colored 3 images using Copic markers and added some white highlights using a gel pen.

Then I created an ink blended galaxy background using distress oxides in Stormy Sky, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Victorian Velvet, and Tattered Rose. I used some water splatter to lift up some ink and added some white splatter using watered down white acrylic paint to create stars.

For the card front I wanted a window cutout that exposed my galaxy so I used a stitched rectangle die from Lawn Fawn to remove a section. I also splattered some Victorian Velvet on the card front for visual interest. Then I lined up my background in the window and heat embossed my sentiment in white near the bottom.

To assemble the card I adhered the galaxy to a white card base, then added the card front on top using some foam tape. The images were also adhered using foam tape and the card was finished.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my card! For more inspiration, drop by my Instagram :) @stefkloh

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts