Hello Bluebird: August Release Day 3 Previews

 

Hi friends! It’s the final day of previews for Hello Bluebird’s new release coming tonight 11 at 7pm MST! Head over to the Hello Bluebird blog to see all the goodies being showcased today and try your luck at winning one of three $50 gift certificates!

For my card today I used 2 stamp sets: Sea Friends and Sea Sentiments. My images were cut out using coordinating dies and the sentiment was cut out using a die from Word Bubbles. And the scene was tied together using the Ocean Floor Slimline Scene Die.

I first used the Ocean Floor Slimline Scene Die on white cardstock and ink blended the sand using distress oxides in Antique Linen and Tea Dye. For the pink rocks I used Tattered Rose, and for 2 types of corals I used either Worn Lipstick or Abandoned Coral.

Then I cut a piece of cardstock to be 3.5”x8” and ink blended it using Cracked Pistachio and Salvaged Patina to create a pastel colored ocean. Then I added a ton of water splatter to this panel to lift some ink, followed by splatter in Salvaged Patina and white “splatter” I created using a gel pen.

The images I used are mainly from Sea Friends, but I also used the hermit crab and silhouette fishies from Sea Sentiments. All the images were colored using mainly Copics. I did use a couple Ohuhus as well. Besides the pretty mermaid, I did some soft two-tone coloring for the rest of the images.

I stamped out the “Birthday Fishes” sentiment from Sea Friends in Picked Raspberry distress oxide and used a die from Speech Bubbles to cut it out.

Next I adhered the white border, sand, and rocks to my ocean background and arranged the images, corals, and sentiment until I was satisfied. To fill in some gaps I added some silhouette fishies using Peacock Feathers. The images that are “farther back” are adhered directly to the card and the images that are “closer” are propped up using foam tape.

For final touches, I added white highlight using a gel pen to pretty much everything!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you like my card! For more inspiration, visit us on Instagram: @stefkloh @hellobluebird.stamps

Comments

Popular Posts