Hello Bluebird: Camping Birthday

Hi friends! Today I am sharing a square card using Hello Bluebird's Campsite Scene Die and a few of the stamp sets released earlier this month: Bonfire BuddiesOh Happy Day, and Birthday Script.

I wanted the card to have a happy scene with the bunnies dancing to the music created by the fox and the bear. And the little bird is in awe of the scene. I also used dramatic shadows as an effect of the bonfire.

I started with using the Campsite Scene Die on white cardstock. I blended the hills and bushes using distress oxides in Rustic Wilderness, Bundled Sage, and Black Soot.

Next I blended the trees using Pine Needles, Evergreen Bough, and Antique Linen. Then the tree with Walnut Stain and Antique Linen. The base of the mountains with Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot, the tops of the mountains with Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky.

I put all the pieces back into the die and taped them together. Then I cut out another piece of paper the same size and used my taped die pieces to estimate where I needed to blend a sky and a ground. 

I using Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Prize Ribbon for the sky, and Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain for the ground. Finally I adhered the taped together piece to the blended card base.

I used a mix of Copics and Ohuhus(O) to color the critters. 

Fox: E39, 33, 11, 30
Bear/bird: E47, 43, 42, 41
Bunnies: W7, 5, 3, 1, 00
Wood: E79, 33, 42
Banjo: E33, 42, R59
Guitar: E25, 87, 89
Party hats: B97, 95
Fire oranges: YR3(O), YR10(O), YR14, 12
Fire yellows: YR33(O), YR3(O), YR20

Then I added a little yellow glow using a q-tip and distress oxide in Antique Linen and die cut them using their coordinating dies and adhered them onto the background die.

For final touches I added a few stars and some highlights using a white gel pen. And for the sentiment, I stamped it on Neenah Desert Storm cardstock and cut it out before propping it up in the corner.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you like my card! For more inspiration, visit us on Instagram: @hellobluebird.stamps @stefkloh

Comments

Popular Posts