Hello Bluebird New Releases: Sea Life and Sea Friends


Hi friends! Do you love to make ocean cards as much as I do? Underwater scenes are so much fun to me! For this card, I combined 2 Hello Bluebird sets for the images: Sea Life and Sea Friends.

I also used Sea Sentiments and the Ocean Overlay Die. Everything is from the newest release! It’s all so amazing, definitely check it out if you haven’t already!


To create the card I first lightly ink blended Speckled Egg distress oxide on a square cardstock the same size as the Ocean Overlay Die. I knew I would use the bottom 2 cutouts of the die as the sea floor so for the ink blending I started dark at the top and faded to white before reaching the sea floor.

I adhered the die over my blended background. I used E42 and E41 to color the sea floor cutouts and adhered those as well. 


Next I colored my images using a mix of Copics and Ohuhus(O) in 3 main colors.

Teals: BG13, 11, 10
Blues: PB2(O), B24, PB1(O)
Peaches: E02, 01, 00, 000

The images were all cut out using their coordinating dies and adhered to the card. Everything is adhered directly except the mermaid and dolphin who are propped up using foam tape. Do you like the layout? Even dolphins love chin scratchies right? Haha.


To finish the card I used a white gel pen and added some highlights and popped on a sentiment from Sea Sentiments which I embossed imagine white on black cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you like my card! For more inspiration, visit us on Instagram: @hellobluebird.stamps @stefkloh

Comments

Popular Posts