Pretty Pink Posh Spring Wreath

Hi friends! I’m sharing a simple card using Pretty Pink Posh’s Leafy Spring Wreath combined with the Spring Jar stamp sets.

The wreath is so versatile and fun to decorate! I started by stamping it out and coloring it using Ohuhu markers, then cut it out using the coordinating dies.



To decorate it, I used one flower (the teal one) from the same set and the rest of the flowers and bugs were from Spring Jar. Spring Jar also has coordinating dies which I used to cut out the images. 


All images were colored using a mix of Copics and Ohuhus (O):

  • Leaves: GY1(O), GY4(O), GY7(O)

  • Butterfly: BV04, BV02, B60, E43, E41

  • Ladybugs: R5(O), R1(O), R19(O)

  • Bee: W5, W1, Y6(O), GY6(O), BG10

  • Teal flowers: BG13, BG10

  • Pink flowers: R11, R000



To create the background I used a light coat of Distress Oxide in Salvaged Patina fading to white and darkened with Oceanside from Concord & 9th near the upper edge. Next I splattered some water onto the background and lifted it off with a paper towel for some extra texture. I also used a white gel pen to add a bit of a splatter effect as well.


The sentiment is from the Spring Jar stamp set. I stamped it directly onto the background using black ink once I determined the position of the wreath.



Then I adhered the wreath to the background using some foam tape for dimension and glued flowers directly onto the wreath. Finally, I added some foam tape to the little bugs and propped those up around the card. For final touches, I also added a little bit of highlight using the white gel pen.


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you like my card! Happy Spring!


Comments

  1. What a cute wreath. Very springy and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a truly delightful wreath image! I am positive the recipient of this card is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful wreath. Love the flying
    butterflies and lady bugs. thanks
    for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts